Lead Software Engineer/Data Engineer
firstname.lastname@example.org | github.com/andrewsosa
M.S. in Computer Science, Florida State University
Aug 2016 – May 2018 Tallahassee, FL
B.S. in Computer Science, Florida State University
May 2017 – Mar 2018 Tallahassee, FL
Lead Full Stack Engineer @ L3Harris Technologies
Sep 2019 – Present // Melbourne, FL
- Iteratively releasing internal React + Django application targeting L3Harris leadership reducing company-wide bid time by >66%.
- Key contributor in milestone planning (all deadlines met 10% ahead of schedule to date).
Lead Data Engineer @ L3Harris Technologies
May 2018 – Jan 2020 // Melbourne, FL
- Led team in tasking, choosing technologies, managing deadlines, and setting expectations with customers.
- Designed/implemented incremental ETL from Oracle EBS to HDFS/Hive via Sqoop, PySpark, Airflow.
- Designed/implemented real-time streaming pipeline of factory floor machine logs to MongoDB via Node.js and Python microservices with RabbitMQ.
- Implemented ELT pipeline with PySpark on Hadoop Data Platform to compute company-wide engineering metrics (7 disciplines across all 4 segments) for VP-level consumption via Tableau.
- Researched and trained teammates on automating pipeline via Apache Airflow and Spotify’s Luigi pipeline frameworks.
Volunteer Developer @ FSU ACM & HackFSU
Spring 2015 – Fall 2018 // Tallahassee, FL
- Led teams of students to create Flask, Django, Express, and Android apps facilitating hackathons/competitions with >3000 attendees total.
Software Intern @ State Farm
May 2016 – Aug 2016 // Atlanta, GA
- Prototyped credit card scanner module for Pocket Agent Android app.
- Invented, designed, and implemented internal Android & iOS apps.
Data Engineering/Big Data
Apache(s) Airflow, Spark, HDFS, Hive and Kafka, Hadoop, Dremio, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
Other Tools & Platforms
Git, Django, Pytest, Flask, Node.js, React, Express, Next.js, Gatsby, Docker, Redis.
Web app to find friends on Github. Next.js app with Github OAuth.
Node.js script published on NPM to automate workspace setup with linters & formatters with plugins.
Flask app for event registration. MongoDB backend, >300 users every fall/spring since 2016.
More at github.com/andrewsosa.
- Software Director (2018)
- President (2016 – 2017)
- Secretary (2014 – 2016)